President and Head of the Creative Department of Gruppo Alcuni Srl.
World-renowned Italian author and director in the field of animation.
Co-author and Director of the following feature Films:
- “Pet Pals – Marco Polo’s Code” in CGI – 2010- distributed by 01 Distribution; Awarded the Kinèo Movie Diamond Award in the Best Animation section at the 68th Venice International Film Festival.
- “Pet Pals in Windland” in CGI stereoscopic – 2014 – distributed by 01 Distribution.
- “Leo da Vinci – Mission Mona Lisa” (CGI) – 2018 – distributed by Videa. Awarded the “ICFF Youth Film Festival People’s Choice Award” in Toronto; Glass Lion Award in Venice.
- “Mini Pet Pals – The Four Seasons” (2D Digital Animation) – Release: October 25th, 2018.
Co-author and Director (among other works) of the following Series:
- “Pet Pals” (156 x 13’), in co-production with Rai Fiction;
- “Leonardo” (52 x 13’), in co-production with Rai Fiction;
- “And Yet It Moves” (52 x 10’), a highly innovative series combining live action and animation, in co-production with Rai Fiction and DQ Entertainment. The third season has been shot in HD;
- “Slash://” (26 x 20’), in co-production with Rai Fiction;
- “Symo & Rose” (26 x 6’);
- “Mini Pet Pals” (156 x 6’), in coproduction with Rai Ragazzi;
- “Leo da Vinci” (52 x 13’), in coproduction with Rai Ragazzi, HR (Germany), Cosmos Maya (Singapore), All Rights Entertainment (France);
- “Vlady&Mirò” (26×5’).
Co-author and Director of the following series in collaboration with UNESCO:
- “Patrimonito’s World Heritage Adventures”, a series on the protection of the artistic and cultural world heritage, co-produced with the UNESCO World Heritage Centre;
- “Cartoons for Peace” (26 x 1’), a series created from children’s drawings from 26 world countries on the theme “The Culture of Peace”. The series was developed in cooperation with UNESCO Associated Schools Project Network and Rai Fiction;
- “H2Ooooh!” (26 x 2’), a series on water resources protection. The episodes aim to raise awareness on the theme of water, encouraging kids to share, in a new and exciting way, their experiences and suggestions for safeguarding the environment;
- “Leonardo Expo” (13 x 5’), a series about food production/use, which explores the main themes of EXPO 2015 Milano. During the EXPO, the series was shown at the UN multimedia installations, and in the Children’s Park. The series is a collaboration with UN, UNESCO Venice Office, and FAO, and in coproduction with Rai Fiction.
Sergio Manfio is co-creator and co-author of the TV program “CIAK JUNIOR”, aired on Mediaset as well as on many TV stations all over Europe and in the People’s Republic of China, Chile, India, Israel, Senegal, South Africa. He directed more than 150 shorts for the “CIAK JUNIOR” project. Together with Francesco Manfio, he is the author of Telepiù Bambini, in collaboration with Elizabeth De Grassi.
Sergio Manfio also works in the theatre world. He has written and staged over 70 performances, and alternates directing with acting. Sergio Manfio is a Professor at the Education Science Department, University of Padua.
Awards received by Sergio & Francesco Manfio:
- 2003 Mahatma Gandhi medal by UNESCO for film activity;
- 2004 Cartoons on the Bay: Studio of the Year;
- 2005 Salerno Film Festival: First Prize in the Cartoon section;
- 2007 Cartoons on the Bay: Best Animated Program;
- 2011 Venice International Film Festival: Kinèo Prize
- 2011 Cartoons on the Bay – Best Cross-media Project for the film “Pet Pals – Marco Polo’s Code”;
- 2018 “ICFF Youth Film Festival People’s Choice” Award in Toronto;
- 2018 “Glass Lion” Award in Venice;
- 2019 Medal of the President of the Italian Republic for the program “CIAK JUNIOR”.