General Manager of Gruppo Alcuni Srl.
World-renowned Italian author and producer in the field of animation.
Co-author and Producer of the following feature Films:
- “Pet Pals – Marco Polo’s Code” (CGI) – 2010 – distributed by 01 Distribution; Awarded the Kinèo Movie Diamond Award in the Best Animation section at the 68th Venice International Film Festival;
- “Pet Pals in Windland” (CGI stereoscopic) – 2014 – distributed by 01 Distribution;
- “Leo da Vinci – Mission Mona Lisa” (CGI) – 2018 – distributed by Videa. Awarded the “ICFF Youth Film Festival People’s Choice Award” in Toronto; Glass Lion Award in Venice;
- “Mini Pet Pals – The Four Seasons” (2D Digital Animation) – Release: October 25th, 2018.
Co-author and Producer (along with many other works) of the following Series:
- “Pet Pals” (156 x 13’), in co-production with Rai Fiction;
- “Leonardo” (52 x 13’), in co-production with Rai Fiction;
- “And Yet It Moves” (52 x 10’), a highly innovative series combining live action and animation, in co-production with Rai Fiction and DQ Entertainment. The third season has been shot in HD;
- “Slash://” (26 x 20’), in co-production with Rai Fiction;
- “Symo & Rose” (26 x 6’);
- “Mini Pet Pals” (156 x 6’), in coproduction with Rai Ragazzi;
- “Leo da Vinci” (52 x 13’), in coproduction with Rai Ragazzi, HR (Germany), Cosmos Maya (Singapore), All Rights Entertainment (France);
- “Vlady&Mirò” (26×5’).
Francesco Manfio is also the Co-author and Producer of the following Series, that are the result of an important collaboration with UNESCO:
- “World’s Heritage Adventures”, a series on the protection of the artistic and cultural world heritage, co-produced with the UNESCO World Heritage Centre;
- “Cartoons for Peace” (26 x 1’), a series created from children’s drawings from 26 world countries on the theme “The Culture of Peace”. The series was developed in cooperation with UNESCO Associated Schools Project Network and Rai Fiction;
- “H2Ooooh!” (26 x 2’), a series on water resources protection. The episodes aim to raise awareness on the theme of water, encouraging kids to share, in a new and exciting way, their experiences and suggestions for safeguarding the environment;
- “Leonardo Expo” (13 x 5’), a series about food production/use, which explores the main themes of EXPO 2015 Milano. During the EXPO, the series was shown at the UN multimedia installations, and in the Children’s Park. The series is a collaboration with UN, UNESCO Venice Office and FAO, in coproduction with Rai Fiction.
Francesco Manfio, together with Sergio Manfio, is the creator and author of the TV program “Ciak Junior“, aired on Mediaset as well as on many TV stations all over Europe and in the People’s Republic of China, Chile, India, Israel, Senegal and South Africa. They created more than 150 shorts for the “CIAK JUNIOR” project.
Francesco Manfio also works in the world of theatre: he has staged over 70 performances.
Francesco and Sergio Manfio received:
- 2003 Mahatma Gandhi medal by UNESCO for film activity;
- 2004 Cartoons on the Bay: Studio of the Year;
- 2005 Salerno Film Festival: First Prize in the Cartoon section;
- 2007 Cartoons on the Bay: Best Animated Program;
- 2011 Venice International Film Festival: Kinèo Prize
- 2011 Cartoons on the Bay – Best Cross-media Project for the film “Pet Pals – Marco Polo’s Code”;
- 2018 “ICFF Youth Film Festival People’s Choice” Award in Toronto;
- 2018 “Glass Lion” Award in Venice;
- 2019 Medal of the President of the Italian Republic for the program “Ciak Junior”.